what time is it?

Saturday 17 February 2007

The things we do for love


I tell ya...I have done some hard work in my time when it comes to raising money for my sport....Today had to have taken the cake! Me, Scott, Brandon and Braithe spent six hours delivering phonebooks today! Keep in mind it is in the middle of Townsville summer...about 35 C, about 80% humidity, though that did improve as the day wore on....Dang it was HOT! Braithe and Brandon had the very important job of sitting in the trailer and "organising" the phonebooks, while Scott and I ran back and forth to people's doors to deliver these books. Brandon did step up towards the end when I felt like I couldn't walk any further, so that was a huge help!
Actually in the morning, before we got smart...the boys were both a huge help, as was Keila and her friend Haley. Scott walked up and down the street with a dolly trolley and they ran into the houses, so that was pretty cool....Brandon just loved the importance of it all! We knocked off our two territories by about 3.30, then took off to the Riverway for a well deserved swim!!
They want us to go back tomorrow morning to do some more territories....I think Keila and Scott are going, but on the proviso that Scott doesn't have to get out of the car and deliver any more....hopefully they will have an army of gymnasts to do the legwork! (they were all training yesterday afternoon).
Me on the other hand....I would love to help out again, but seriously, I have rashes in places I would rather not mention, my ankles can no longer be seen, and every step is just one big painful exercise...(I have tried very hard not to move from this seat since I got home!)...so I think the boys and I will probably just stay home so that we don't slow everyone down! Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

No comments: