what time is it?

Saturday 17 February 2007

Brandon and Jonno


My Brandon got the first student of the week for the year at school.
No this isn't Brandon....this is Johnathan Thurston, famous Cowboys and QLD State Of Origin rugby league player.
So what do they have in common??
A handshake!!!!
Brandon missed out on getting his "student of the week" certificate the first week due to the abominable weather we have been having. I had sat down at the assembly area for over an hour waiting for them so that I could take photo's of him receiving it.
This week I didn't really think much of it until I turn up to pick them up on assembly day and there is Brandon parading around with his certificate, and Braithe just couldn't wait to tell me all about the "Cowboy" who gave Brandon his certificate! When I asked Brandon which Cowboy it was, he just shrugged "I dunno". Braithe was convinced it was "Jonno Thurston", but Brandon claimed that "Jonno Thurston doesn't have a black eye and stitches!"....At least Braithe was listening to "Jonno" at assembly as he went on to relay the story of how Johnathan wasn't wearing his famous head protection and somebody hit him resulting in his injuries.
Thankfully Nicole Luke our resident DSTA took a photo of Brandon and Jonno, so that finally cleared up the mystery for us.
Brandon just cracks me up....he remembers soooo many facts and figures about animals and plants and machines, but when it comes to people.....he rarely remembers anybody's name, or where he knows them from! How could he NOT take any notice of this sporting icon shaking his hand!!!! Just wait til I tell his best mate Jack!!! lmao.
ps. will try to upload that famous photo once I have had a chance to scan it.

No comments: