what time is it?

Saturday 8 September 2007

Another loss

Hasim El Masri kicking our first goal for the night.
Bulldogs VS Cowboys 08 Sept 2007
ARGGGHHH!!!
Well it was close, at least we can say that!
The boys and I ventured out tonight on our own to our last Bulldogs game...(I think I may have said that in another post...sorry...wasn't to know that the NRL would award the Cowboys a quarter final home game, let alone that it would be against the Bulldogs!! How lucky am I??!!)
It is a little bitter sweet for us as today Keila had a competition in Hughenden, and I really was struggling to decide whether to go to her competition or to go to the game. Luckily I have a great husband, some really cool friends who encouraged me to be selfish, and an absolutely awesome daughter who managed to put it all into perspective for me..."Mum, you come to all my competitions, and you will come to all my comps later....If we move to Perth you wont get to see the Bulldogs play again...so I want you to go to the game". Isn't she just the greatest??!! Keils.....I luuuuuurve you!!
Soooo...the game!
Well...it was absolutely awesome! Unfortunate that we lost, but it was still down to the final siren...right down to the final 90 seconds we could have scored a try to make it a win for the Bulldogs! There were a lot of mistakes made, but there were a lot of awesome points to the game too. The Big Willy "Smack downs" were just bone crunching...and there were some little moments of magic from El Masri and Willy Tonga that just bought a tear to the eye. But....
The highlight of my night....my boys!
Here is my Brandy dressed proudly in his Bulldogs garb like me....then there is Braithe in his Cowboys Tshirt...both as proud as can be!! Every time the "COWBOYS" chant started...little Braithe would join in full voice "COWBOYS...COWBOYS...COWBOYS!!!"
Surrounded by a sea of Cowboys supporters...On the alternate beat would holler in "BULLDOGS...BULLDOGS....BULLDOGS!!!!" from yours truly and my awesome Brandon!! Hey we were small but man were we LOUD!!!! It was a lot of fun!
Brandon's quote of the night....(every now and again he pulls one out just to prove that he is actually interested in rugby when we watch it)...."It was a loose carry!" Don't have a clue where he would have heard that from ;)
Final score
20 - 18
Hey..we are still in it! By the skin of our teeth, in the second chance draw thingamibob...we are still in it...so fingers crossed that we will be able to pull off a win next weekend against the Eels to make it into the finals!

No comments: